Senior Division - Rules
- Pitching will be from 43’
- A pitcher can pitch a maximum of 4 innings. One inning constitutes a pitch. Only the starting pitcher can reenter the game. Extra innings count as new game.
- No new inning can start after 1:45 hours. Umpire’s discretion on when to call a game because of darkness on a field without lights
- Games will be 7 innings in length.
- Cinderella batting will be in effect.
- We will play ten on the field at once. The tenth player is an outfielder and must be positioned as such.
- Only the number of girls on the larger sized team in a game can bat in one inning. For example, if a team of ten plays a team of twelve, both teams can bat a maximum of twelve in an inning. This rule does not apply in the final inning, which allows unlimited batters.
- Infield Fly rule does apply.
- Dropped third strike rule does not apply. A dropped third strike is a strikeout.
- A maximum of two bases per inning can be taken on steals, wild pitches, passed balls, and overthrows on steals. For example, if a girl leads off with a walk, steals second, and the attempted throw goes into centerfield and she takes third, that team is done advancing for the inning.
- Only second and third, but not home, can be stolen or advanced in this manner.
- There is no limit on HBP, other than what the umpire deems a safety issue.
- Where not otherwise specified, High School rules will apply.
- No Feinting, i.e. once a player turns to bunt, she can not pull the bat back and take a full swing.