Requirements for Coaches
Those interested in coaching must comply with the following:
- Complete the Rutgers SAFETY Certification Class. Latest Schedule - http://tmysb.org/RUTSAF.aspx
- Complete the Mahwah Background Check
- Background Check Badges must be worn at all practices and games. You must bring ID with you: NJ Drivers License
If you are interested in coaching a recreation team, please identify yourself as a head or assistant coach when you register your daughter through TMYSB.
Rutgers "Sports Awareness For Educating Today's Youth" Course
If you wish to be a coach or assistant coach you must attend the Rutgers S.A.F.E.T.Y. course which:
- Helps coaches minimize the risk of injury to young athletes
- Provides information about fundamental coaching concepts which enhances volunteer coaches' effectiveness
- Provides partial protection from civil law suits
It is a privilege and an honor to be chosen to coach a Mahwah Youth Sports team. A coach is a teacher, a leader, and a role model for each player under his/her supervision. Coaches work in collaboration with commissioners and officials to support the athletic program in all policies, rules and regulations. To remain a Mahwah Youth Sports Coach in good standing, each coach must continue to conduct himself/herself in a way that encourages good sportsmanship, safety, and the development of the young athlete.
All coaches much sign and submit the "TMYSB Coaches Code of Conduct" form.
We also strongly suggest you provide your players' parents with this "Parent Pledge."